Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rehashed Training Schedule

12/6/11

Progess has been good. I have now made every exercise day
a 21km-cycle day.This will carry on for a further 6 weeks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
29/5/11

It is almost a week into the cycling regime and the shins appear
to be in better shape.

Both are still strained but pain has gone done
considerably for the left one. The right shin is taking longer
because I played soccer some time back (This was also after a long
hiatus) and put it under some pressure during the game.

All in all I will continue with this cycling-training till July even
if I feel I am back in good running condition. This is to prevent
any relapse of the shin splints.

image from http://www.woodlandsyec.org.sg













------------------------------------------------------------------
22/5/11

I have been following the previous training schedule for nearly
2 weeks now.

Recently, I experienced a case of shin splints
during my runs especially after the 1.6km mark.This tells me
that the shins require strengthening and much needed rest from
impact exercises.

Hence, I have re-hashed my training schedules such that the focus
is now on strengthening the shins. All runs will have to wait till the
month of July when the shins have been sufficiently strengthened.

Mon: Rest
Tue: 10km (cycling)
Wed: 5km (cycling)
Thu: 10km (cycling)
Fri: Rest
Sat: 15 km (cycling)
Sun: 5 km (cycling)

No comments:

Post a Comment